Monday, May 13, 2013

In 1 Year's Time

Writing this blog has really put into perspective just how much can happen in a short amount of time. This time last year I was about to start back at ABC 33/40... Little did I know it would lead to so much more!

A year later, I still love producing Talk of Alabama - it's my baby! I get to spend my day booking anything from a 5-star restaurant... To comedians like Sinbad...fashion experts... live music and a million other things! No day is the same on the show... And it's definitely taught me a whole different aspect of "rolling with the punches."

As mentioned in my last post, I recently started another position at the station as the traffic reporter for the morning show, Good Morning Alabama. As I am with any decision and change... I was definitely hesitant about taking on another responsibility... This time ON camera. I'm so glad I went through with it though, it's been a blast! I have a LONG ways to go... But everyday I feel a little more confident. I'm thankful I have positive and patient coworkers!

Besides work... I've had some other pretty exciting things going on. At the end of April, I become a first-time HOMEOWNER! As an HGTV viewer, naturally I thought looking for a house would be pretty similar to House Hunters... The realtor shows you a few houses, then there's an obvious decision! NEGATIVE. The process took longer than I expected and never did I experience a tension headache until I was faced with so many options. Eventually, I went with a house I liked from the start. It has a beautiful back deck, perfect for Pixie, and a BIG kitchen, perfect for cooking and baking! It's also a plus that I can pull into my garage and not have to hike up and down 3 flights of stairs. I'm still getting settled, but I love it already. Once it gets looking how I want it, I'll post more pictures.

These are all the updates I can type up right now... More to come soon!

"Love begins at home, and it's now what we do... But how much love we put in that action."
-Mother Teresa



I've gotten to meet and mentor several interns over the year, including these 2 VERY motivated students from Alabama - Chelsea and Leah. 


Flight Time Lang!


Shout out in Birmingham Magazine


First day on camera as "Traffic Jam Sam"


Group lunch at Mellow Mushroom... this was right after a FREEZING cold promo shoot for the Birmingham Barons


The new house!


The selling point for me, huge back deck!



HOMEOWNER!

1 comment:

  1. Sam! I just love reading your blog and somewhat "knowing" what is happening in your life!!! Congrats on being a HOMEOWNER!!! You will just LOVE it!! And your job seems just what you always talked about!! Give Pixie a hug from Winston!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete