Thursday, July 18, 2013

Iron is Good for the Heart

When you look back at your life, whether it's 6 months, a year, or even 5 to 10 years.... Who were you then? What were your beliefs, your morning routine, eating habits, hair color? So many factors change over time. Whatever the changes, some of them can be monumental. Whether it's something devastating that turned your world upside down... Or something positive, I believe the outcome is the same: it changes your perspective on life, and the ones you choose to be in it- or the people who choose you.

Recently, someone came into my life that is proof of that. He set is mind to a goal that most people can't even fathom. It mentally and physically changed (and challenged) his life in ways I don't think he even expected. I've always been motivated and determined to make the most out of my life, but I think sometimes we focus on the wrong areas. It's not about the money (unless you now have a mortgage to pay!) and it's not about the perception from others... I believe it's about finding your passion and chasing it and following what GOD has planned for you. Of course this is much easier said than done. But when you see someone do it first-hand, it makes you believe that you can do it, too.

Below are some pictures that might explain this better...

Meet Taylor... the Ironman!
For those of you who don't know what that is (I didn't really either) it's a globally recognized triathlon with the following distances:
SWIM: 2.4 Mile
BIKE: 112 Mile
RUN: 26.2 Mile (Full Marathon)
Out of breath, yet?

Mercedes Full & Half Marathons
I had to walk 3 blocks from my car to the finish line and was out of breath...


Buster Britton Memorial Triathlon... where it all began several years ago!
Taylor is NOT in the teeny-weeny-bikini...

The other sport he competes in... Garter Grabbin'

What's next. #bringit



No comments:

Post a Comment