Monday, May 14, 2012

First Day Back

This is my third job in the news business... and I must say, it's a charm! My first day back at the station went really well. Despite a few butterflies, I felt like I fit right back in as if I never left! It was so strange seeing the morning crew walk out as I was walking in. That used to be ME! Everyone was very welcoming and it was great to catch up with some faces I hadn't seen in a while.

Me with Sarah Snyder!

Me with Candace in the booth!

Best perk of the job: FREE FOOD! 
Shrimp and beef burgers from Flip Burger Boutique! 


Because this is a new show for me, I did more observing today than producing. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back in the swing of things. When working on the morning newscast, all the stories were written on a very tight deadline, but with this show, majority of the content is produced days or sometimes even weeks ahead of time. 

Besides getting familiar with a new show, I'm also having to adjust to a new schedule. Getting up at 5 this morning was a little bit of a stretch, but I would MUCH rather get to work early and be able to leave early. I'm not sure how Pixie felt about taking her morning walk at the crack of dawn, but she sure was happy to see me when I got home!

I could write more, but the Bachelorette is about to come on... I know I know, judge all you want! I'm also about to crash, so falling asleep to 25 desperate men trying to win over 1 woman sounds like a plan.

One more thing, I am absolutely blown away by just how many calls, texts, facebook posts and Twitter mentions I received today wishing me luck. It truly shows just how many people really do care. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

As always, I will keep you posted as the next few weeks move along.

Happy Monday!

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
Eleanor Roosevelt


1 comment:

  1. What station are you at? Good working with you at news9! -Seth

    ReplyDelete