Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Big Month Ahead

Happy May Day, everyone! This year is flying by! It seems like just yesterday I was decorating my Christmas tree and figuring out a New Year's resolution. If you have stuck by yours, good for you. I haven't been so loyal! 


The next few weeks should be interesting. Thursday will be my last day on the job until starting back at the station. I don't begin until May 14th, so I have a whole WEEK of freedom to get stuff done! I'm still working on a better work space in my apartment. Luckily my parents are lending a hand in the process. My mom is a great decorator, and my dad is an organization whiz, also known as a "Type A" personality. Between the 2 of them, the place is coming along! Check out my new rustic / vintage chair:



We also reorganized my living room. All this time I had it backwards due to the TV cable being on the wrong side of the wall! I have a ton of wall space to fill, but my mom whipped out these old, framed pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield, which definitely added a touch of "Old Hollywood Glamour" to the place.




Besides some apartment therapy, I finally clicked the "PURCHASE" button on the Southwest website for a Bachelorette trip in Dallas this June. Luckily, I was able to find a pretty good deal... but it looks like the flight to Oklahoma for the actual wedding is going to cost a lot more! I also mailed out the party invites, which was a task all in itself! When I walked into the store to pick out invitations, there were only about a million different designs and layouts to choose from. If and when the "Big Day" ever comes for me, I'm going to close my eyes and just point at the wall of invitations! As for now, I think I'm set with being the Maid of Honor. 

Here's a picture of the invitation I finally decided on. I thought it was sweet n' sassy!



Thank you again to all my readers out there! A lot is going on this month, so expect more posts coming soon!

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Romans 8:25



No comments:

Post a Comment