Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shoes That Can Support


To me, one of the best feelings is to know you have support. And boy do I ever! I am so thankful for the overwhelming response to my job announcement. It's even more reassuring that it is the right move for me. Whether you are a friend I grew up with, a colleague, former coworker or just happened to stumble upon my blog, I am extremely thankful for your kind words and encouragement. 


Before I hit the ground running, there are several things I have to finish. I gave 2 weeks notice at my current job this week, so my official last day will be next Thursday. It will be a very bittersweet goodbye. I worked with THREE other women and believe it or not, we all got along great! I will also miss seeing the other familiar faces that came into the office regularly. Although I don't believe customer service is my forte', I really enjoyed interacting and talking (duh) with other people. 


I'm also trying to get a better office or work space organized and decorated in my apartment. Of course all my inspiration comes from either Pinterest or Pottery Barn, so I'm not sure how realistic my goals are. My mom and dad are all about HGTV, so they will be helping with the process!


Last but certainly not least, with a new job comes new clothes... right? Well if not, that's going to be my excuse for a little retail therapy! I may not be the one in front of the camera, but a cute pair of shoes is vital. Carrie Bradshaw would definitely back me up on this one. 


Again, thank you for all of your support. I look forward to keeping you posted on life, work and everything in between!


"The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun."
Carrie Bradshaw
Sex and the City

2 comments:

  1. New shoes=more confidence, and confidence is crucial at a new job...therefore new shoes are crucial! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete