Monday, April 23, 2012

Taking What You're Handed

Since coming back to Birmingham, it's been a bit of a roller coaster ride. I initially moved back to work at ABC 33/40 to produce the morning show. As you probably know, the job required that I work overnight. For all of you who are familiar with the graveyard shift, it's not always easy! I know a few people who don't mind it, but it just wasn't for me. I can't recall one time that I went into work feeling completely rested. It also took a direct hit to my social life! 

After deciding that I could no longer live the life of a vampire, I left the station and took a job in property management. It was great; I could walk to the office from my apartment, I got a rent discount and most importantly, it was normal business hours! On the flip side, I had to learn customer service and sales. I'm a people pleaser, NOT a people pusher. So it took going outside of my comfort zone to close a deal or to meet my monthly goal. It was truly an eye-opening experience. I can honestly say that I am much more aware of how I treat others, as well as how patient I am. Looking back at these past 6 months, I honestly think it was God's way of teaching me all these things. 

With all that said, I have some BIG news! Come next month, I will be going back to ABC... this time as the "Talk of Alabama" producer. The show focuses on all the things I love: food, fashion, health, music and a lot of other fun stuff. I really think it's something I will be passionate about. 

I've prayed a lot about this decision. At the end of the day, I handed it to God. I knew he wouldn't hand me anything I couldn't handle. If someone told me a year ago where I would be now, I would've said "You're crazy!" But that's just it... life is crazy, and you only have one chance to live it. 

Stay tuned... 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:6

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you sweet girl! God has big plans for you and I can't wait to read about them. Good luck on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Samantha!!! So excited for you! You're perfect for this job. Love you! I'm behind you 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! hope u enjoy it. being a vampire isn't soooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your support! I will definitely keep you posted, so please keep reading! Thank you, again :)

    ReplyDelete